Clwb HwylioPwllheli Sailing Club Rules
2006 version being updated now. More information Shortly . ST 23/10/2011
This section of the rules is only concerned with the use of the Club building facilities by members and their guests and temporary members. The rules set out below are a common sense interpretation of the principles expressed in the Byelaws (Para 35.1), which form part of the Club's Articles of Association. They are concerned only with the day-to-day use of the Club's premises. Rules concerning the conduct of activities on the water and Club Racing are not covered in this document.
1. General:- Members of the Club, their guests and visitors, may use the club premises and any other facility of the Club entirely at their own risk and implicitly accept:- The Club will not accept any liability for personal injury arising out of the use of the Club premises, and any other facilities of the Club or out of participation in any race/event organised by the Club either sustained by members, guests or visitors, whether or not such damage or injury could have been attributed to or was occasioned by the neglect, default or negligence of any of the officers, committee or servants of the Club.
2. Guests may only visit CHPSC on six occasions in a year. Membership Application Forms are available from the Bar or Office.
3. Data Protection Act:- The Club keeps its membership records on computer. These records are used mainly for maintaining membership records, distribution of official notices and newsletters to members and sales monitoring . An applicant for membership is deemed to have consented to the keeping of membership records by computer for the normal use of the Club.
4. No person who has been rejected as a candidate for election or expelled under the rules of the Club will be allowed on Club premises.
6. Persons other than Members, Guests of Members and Temporary members may from time to time be on club premises in order to attend meetings sanctioned by the Management Committee.
7. Visiting Yachtsmen arriving be sea may become Temporary Members by making such a request in the Club room, at the Hafan Marina Office or the Harbour Master's Office where they will be given a Temporary Membership card.
8. Fees and Non payment of Fees. Annual subscriptions relate to a calendar year and if not paid within two months of becoming due are deemed to be in arrears.
9. With the exception of Guide Dogs animals are not allowed on Club premises for hygiene reasons
10. No wet clothes or sailing equipment shall be taken into the Bar/Clubroom.
11. No food lo be brought into the Club other than by dispensation of the Committee.
13. The presence of children in the Clubroom (children defined as being under 16 years of age), is welcome until 9.30 pm. After 9:30 pm however the Clubroom is considered to be essentially an adult environment. At all limes the bar staff has the Management Committee's authority to request that children leave the Clubroom if their behaviour is judged to be unacceptable, particularly when the Clubroom is crowded. These restrictions are in the interest of the safety of the children and the enjoyment of members in general.
14. Clean, dry conventional clothes are expected to be worn in the Bar and Clubrooms. In the interest of safety, footwear should be worn when on Club premises.
15. In the interest o f security members are requested to ensure that the entrance doors are properly closed after gaining entry
Members' membership cards should not be passed on to non-members.
16. Also in the interest of security members are asked to challenge or draw the attention of staff to the presence of suspicious persons
17. The use of Mobile Telephones is not permitted in the Bar/Clubroom.
18. Members are requested not to take Glassware, Cutlery and Crockery away from the Club premises and patio area.
19. Members shall not personally reprimand Club Staff or Catering Contractor's Staff.
20. A cashless point o f sale system operates for Bar purchases which Members are requested to use by making prior deposits of money on to their cards.
21. Complaints. Any complaints should be referred to a Flag Officer, member of the House Committee or left as a written note with the Bar staff or left at the Club Office
Stephen Tudor Hon. Secretary - Ysgrifennydd anrhydeddus Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club
Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club is a Company Limited by Guarantee is registered in Wales number 673674. Registered business address: Hafan, Glan Y Don, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, LL535YT