The date for the 'Pwllheli Sailing Shuffle' has been set - 25/26th June - put it in your calendar!
This is part of the new racing initiative for 2016 to attract new racers in a fun and friendly environment. Entry is available for anyone - you don't need to have your boat measured - just enter and race.
- Each boat will start at a time to suit the crew and skipper - just record your own start time
- Then proceed to round the racing marks - in any order you like - yes any order!
- Then cross the finish line - take your own finish time
- Text your start and finish time to the Race Officer
- All elapsed times will be adjusted by applying the (free to use) NHC time correction factor.
- The winner will be announced in the evening social gathering!
The above weekend racing is part of a number of measures being used this season to encourage more boats into racing.
Other ideas which wil be incorporated into the racing programme ar:
- Pursuite Race, Ladies Race, Friday Racing and A Timed Lap Race.
- Separate starts for NHC / white sails calss with more long legs and reaches.
- Ad - Hoc racing as weather and availability of boats and crew dictate.
- New Racing mark in Pen-yChain (Butlins) - racing can be seen from the Academy balcony
- Crew Register - bringing boats and crew together