CHPSC complies with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into effect on 25th May 2018
Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club (CHPSC) is a members' club - a company limited by guarantee and a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC).
CHPSC is run by volunteers for the benefit of its members.
The Flag Officers and Management Committee of CHPSC have an obligation to perform their duties for the proper management and governance of the Club for the benefit of the members and to comply with the Rules of the Governing Bodies and other regulatory authorities. To fulfil this role, the CHPSC will collect and use personal data.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) describes what personal information we collect or obtain about you and how we use it.
In the membership application process the applicant will be asked to confirm their consent to their details being kept by CHPSC on computer and paper files for the following purposes:
- maintaining membership records;
- contact and communication purposes;
- to receive relevant information from the Club including the distribution of official notices;
- to receive the Club e-newsletters;
- delivery of annual calendar;
- renewal requests and discount process associated with your club membership by Plas Heli, the operating company of the Welsh National Sailing Academy and Events Centre.
If you undertake any of the following activities and provide personal data to us we will endeavour to make it clear why we need it and to obtain your specific consent to use it. Unless otherwise notified you will be treated as having consented to our use of your personal data under the terms of this Policy if you then:
- visit the CHPSC web site or any of our associate websites
- become a member of the CHPSC;
- join any CHPSC committee or volunteer in any other capacity;
- subscribe for the CHPSC e-newsletters and updates;
- or any child for whom you are responsible participates in a club activity;
- become an instructor;
- use any of our facilities or the facilities of Plas Heli, the Welsh National Sailing Academy and Event Centre
- obtain any goods or services from us;
- participate in any sporting event, experience day, boat show, or sporting competition run by us;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey run by us;
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club, Glan y Don, Pwllheli, Gwynedd LL53 5YT
Information we receive or collect about you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the CHPSC web sites (or any of our associated event web sites), completing paper forms or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you do any of the following things: - The information collected will be appropriate for the purpose intended only and may include the following: We may collect additional information about you when you visit the CHPSC web site (or any of our associated web sites) and this may include the following:
Information you give us
The information you give us may include
Additional Information we collect about you when you visit the CHPSC or associated websites
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the CHPSC web sites (or any of our associated event web sites), completing paper forms or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you do any of the following things: -
The information collected will be appropriate for the purpose intended only and may include the following:
We may collect additional information about you when you visit the CHPSC web site (or any of our associated web sites) and this may include the following:
How we use your information
We use information held about you to fulfil our obligations to you in the following ways:-
- to administer your membership of CHPSC and provide membership information and membership benefits to you;
- to provide you with any products and services that you request from us including: race entries; participation events; social events; coaching and training services;
- to register you as a volunteer, committee member or in some other capacity;
- to perform management and governance duties of the Club for the benefit of the members;
- to comply with the Rules of the Governing Bodies and other regulatory authorities;
- to consider any complaints made to us about you which is of legitimate concern to us.
We use the information to keep you updated in the following ways:
- By e-newsletter:
- to notify you about changes to our membership benefits, products, facilities or services;
- to notify you about club activities, achievements and articles which we feel may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer;
- By web site information and Articles:
- to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to identify and implement improvements in the operation of the site, the content included on the site and the way in which content is presented;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness and relevance of advertising on the site.
Retention of your information
We may keep and process your personal data for so long as you remain a member.
Where your membership lapses we may retain your data for up to two years for the purpose of facilitating the renewal of your membership.
We may also retain and process your personal data in a format that does not permit identification of you for historical and statistical purposes.
Where we store information about you
Passwords and PIN numbers
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or PIN number which enables you to access certain parts of the CHPSC website, you are responsible for keeping this password or PIN number confidential. We ask you not to share passwords and PIN numbers with anyone.
Use of the Internet
The transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot, however, guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us and consequently any transmission to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The CHPSC web site is SSL certified and uses HTTPS - SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access your Information
We will respond within a reasonable period but not more than 14 days. This request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We comply with the Data Protection Principles, the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which come into effect on 25 May 2018.
Data protection principles
Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act lists the data protection principles in the following terms:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless –
(a) at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and
(b) in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Please refer to our Club Rules - here.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy Document updated 21/01/2018