- Great to see boats out in the bay, with local members enjoying the improved weather. We look forward to welcoming more members back after the proposed relaxation of travel restrictions on July 6th
- The "Tremadog Triangle" and "Commodore’s Challenge" are both up and running, with the Butterworth family posting a great time last weekend for the "Commodores Challenge" – see the website for details of both racetracks here
- Club membership numbers are increasing despite the continued lockdown. We thank those supporting CHPSC by joining/re-joining during these challenging times.
"Back to Boating" - Task Force Update
Vice Commodore Gerallt Williams, Our Task Force leader reported as follows:
- The Task Force volunteers have put some posters up around our facility, with useful advice.
- If you are are, or intend being a user of the pontoons, please read and adhere to the pontoon protocols which are available here
- If you are, or intend being a user of the compound for dinghy sailing, please read and adhere to the compound protocol - available here.
- The latest 'Notice to Mariners' dated 20th June, in addition to previous relaxations, now allows independant launching of boats on the council slipway (old harbour side) with permission from the harbour master. See the notice here.
- The CHPSC Flag Officers attended several on-line meetings with RYA Cymru Wales this week, primarily to assess our protocol compliance agains RYA interpretation of Government regulation. It's pleasing that we are fully compliant.
- Read more about the work of the 'Back to Boating Task Force' here
Club What’s On:
- Regatta - It is hoped we may be able to hold the Regatta this year, but is largely dependant on RYA advice around "organised activity" - hopefully an update on July 6th from Welsh Government will allow us to go ahead with the Regatta on Saturday July 25th
- IRC Welsh National Championship - planning has started on a "stripped down" championship which we hope to hold within the constraints of regulations and RYA Cymru Wales advice.
- ISORA re-boot program has been published with a fleet finish in Pwllheli on 1st August, and four coastal races starting and finishing in Pwllheli - see here
- Remains locked down due to Government restrictions, and work is ongoing to manage the pathway to reopening, with our Franchisee Geoff looking at all options to resume his catering offerings
- It is now possible for us to look at opening up a restroom in Plas Heli, for the use of pontoon/compound users, when the protocol for this has been completed, those with access will be forwarded the details.
Thought for theDay:
"One small positive thought in the morning, can change your whole day"
For more information, membership links and the latest weather and webcam