Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club
Revised January 2018 (subject to Management Committee ratification)
This section of the rules is only concerned with the use of the Club building facilities by members and their guests and temporary members. The rules set out below are a common-sense interpretation of the principles expressed in the Byelaws (Para 35.1), which form part of the Club's Articles of Association. They are concerned only with the day-to-day use of the Club's premises. Rules concerning the conduct of activities on the water and Club Racing are not covered in this document.
1. General:- Members of the Club, their guests and visitors, may use the club premises and any other facility of the Club entirely at their own risk and implicitly accept:- The Club will not accept any liability for personal injury arising out of the use of the Club premises, and any other facilities of the Club or out of participation in any race/event organised by the Club either sustained by members, guests or visitors, whether or not such damage or injury could have been attributed to or was occasioned by the neglect, default or negligence of any of the officers, committee or servants of the Club.
2. Membership: Applications for membership of the club is available on-line, on the members section of the CHPSC web site here. Membership is open to everyone.
3. Data Protection:- The Club keeps its membership records securely on computer and on a paper files. During the membership application process applicants to membership will be asked to confirm their consent to their details being kept by CHPSC on computer and paper files (as set out in our data- protection policy) for the purpose of maintaining membership records; contact and communication purposes; to receive relevant information from the Club including the distribution of official notices; to receive the Club e-newsletters; delivery of annual calendar; renewal requests and discount process associated with your club membership by Plas Heli, the operating company of the Welsh National Sailing Academy and Events Centre. We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which come into effect on 25 May 2018. Please refer to our Data Protection Policy - here.
4. No person who has been rejected as a candidate for election or expelled under the rules of the Club will be allowed club membership benefits.
5. Visiting Yachtsmen arriving be sea may become Temporary Members by making such an application on-line.
6. Fees and Non-payment of Fees. Annual subscriptions relate to a calendar year and if not paid within one months of becoming due are deemed to be in arrears and membership status and benefits are withdrawn.
7. With the exception of Guide Dogs animals are not allowed on Club premises for hygiene reasons
8. No wet clothes or sailing equipment shall be taken into the Bar or restaurant.
9. No food to be brought into the Club other than by dispensation of the Committee / Plas Heli.
10. The presence of children in the Clubroom (children defined as being under 16 years of age), is welcome until 9.30 pm. After 9:30 pm however the Clubroom is essentially an adult environment. At all limes the bar staff has the Management Committee's authority to request that children leave the Clubroom if their behaviour is judged to be unacceptable, particularly when the Clubroom is crowded. These restrictions are in the interest of the safety of the children and the enjoyment of members in general.
11. Clean, dry conventional clothes are expected to be worn in the Bar and Clubrooms. In the interest of safety, footwear should be worn when on Club premises.
12. Members' membership cards should not be passed on to non-members, for any purpose and especially not for the purpose of receiving club members' discount.
13. In the interest of security and safety, members are asked to draw the attention of Plas Heli staff to the presence of suspicious person/s
14. Members are requested not to take Glassware, Cutlery and Crockery away from the Club premises.
15. Members shall not personally reprimand Plas Heli staff.
16. A cashless point of sale system operates for Bar purchases which Members are requested to use by making prior deposits of money on to their cards.
Hon. Secretary - Ysgrifennydd anrhydeddus Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club
Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club is a Company Limited by Guarantee is registered in Wales number 673674.
Registered business address: Hafan, Glan Y Don, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, LL535YT
Rules Document updated 21/01/2018