The CHIPAC sailors on a training session on Friday evening 9th June 2017
Thomas Tudor training future keelboat sailors from CHIPAC on a blustery Friday Evening.
Rear Commodore, Gerrallt Williams provided the photographs and provided safety boat cover with Richard Tudor
The training event was a great success and a further session is being planned with additional keel boats!
One young sailor said it was so enjoyable that she wants to crew on a racing boat in the next race!
For more images see below:
Congratulations to Christopher Jones on a successful campaign in his Laser 4.7 in the World Championship in Germany
Delighted to report that Christopher was the First British Boy with great results including 2nd an 8th and a 12th. These results gave Christopher a 73rd position in the World and had he been born 2 days later (his Birthday is 30/12/00) he would have been 21st under 16!.
Well done Christopher
We are very pleased to report on the progress made by one of our young stars this year - Christopher Jones:
- Qualified for RYAs 4.7 Junior Squad (Oct - May training) - top 8 boys and top 8 girls in GBR chosen
- Qualified for RYAs 4.7 Junior Summer Squad (May - June training, - top coaching at and representing GBR at major international summer events) - top 8 boys and top 7 girls chosen
- Finished 2nd in the UK in the 2016 Laser 4.7 ladder - 9 competitions - c 54 races
- Representing GBR in the Laser 4.7 World championships in Germany - 30th July - 7th August 2016 - wish him luck!
Laser Open National Championships 2015 - Mounts Bay Sailing Club Aug1st-7th
Gethin Owen and Iago Davies competed in the Open Laser NationalChampionships at Mounts Bay. Gethin entered the 4.7 and Iago entered the Radial class. Mounts Bay is an extremly picturesque tidal bay with the race course based between Penzance and Marazion. During the week all conditions were present from extremly windy days with 3m swells to light shifty tactical racing.
Congratulations Gethin on being selected for the GBR Laser 4.7 summer squad.
During September and October CHIPAC organised an evening with Pwllheli Band as well as a quiz night.
CHIPAC would like to thank everyone that supported these evenings and in particular for the generous donations received - £340.00 was collected towards Hope House. Diolch.
Members and guests also raised £682 in the Autumn Ball for local charities.
Join us for a wine tasting evening with Reverend Marcus Wyn Robinson on Saturday, 6th December at 7.30pm. After the success of the last wine tasting evening tickets are expected to be in high demand and will be sold on a first come basis.
Tickets are £12 each and are available at the Club. Proceeds of the evening go to CHIPAC.
CHIPAC has had another great year and our young sailors who qualified for squad places are:
- Gethin Owen - Laser Welsh Squad
- Christopher Jones - Laser Welsh Squad and possible transitional & 4.7 National Squad
- Mari Davies - 420 GBR Youth Squad and Welsh Squad
- Iago Davies - 420 Welsh Squad and possible transitional
- Chloe Butterworth - 29er Welsh Squad and possible transitional
- Lucy Hughes - Feva Welsh Squad
- Transitional squads may not be known until January.